619 Main St
PO Box 96
Ansley, NE 68814-0096
Director: Linda Smith
[/ezcol_1half] [ezcol_1half_end]Library Hours
Tuesday: 2-5 pm
Saturday: 2-5 pm
Excerpt from History of Custer County, Nebraska
The Ansley public library was ﬁrst started by the Woman’s Federated Club, in the fall of 1916, with books donated by the members and with a small purchase of new books. In 1917 the township elected a library board, consisting of Dr. W. R. Young, Mrs. D. W. Thomson, B. J. Tierney, F. B. House, and Lewis Newcomb. They also put a three-mill levy on the township for library purposes. At present  we have on our shelves about 500 books and have made quite an extensive purchase besides. A large number of magazines have also been donated. The books are free to all residents of the township, but non-residents are assessed twenty-ﬁve cents per quarter. The board has an application in with the Carnegie library people and is awaiting their decision. If the decision is not favorable, a move will be made to build a building ourselves. The library is open Saturday afternoons and evenings. The weekly output of books is from thirty to ﬁfty. Mrs. H. L. Fowler is the librarian.
History of Custer County, Nebraska, A Narrative of the Past, with special emphasis upon the pioneer period of the county’s history, its social, commercial, educational, religious and civic development from the early days to the present time. William Levi Gaston, A. R. Humphrey
Copyright, 1919 by Western Publishing & Engraving Co.